Friday, March 6, 2015

Most people assume...

They assume because I don't look sick that I'm not. On the outside I'm the picture of health, on the inside I'm a mess.

Most assume that because I've had surgery, had two in fact, that I shouldn't be in pain anymore. While in theory that's true that isn't the case. I'm still in daily pain. Some days are better than others. Some days I have a few hours where I'm functional again, but I pay for it later. Even if I only had one week a month where I could do what I wanted, cooking, cleaning, just living life the way it's meant to be lived, I would be ecstatic. When you fight for everyday you come to appreciate the smallest things. Being able to run to the store is a treat. Going on a date is a HUGE deal. These everyday things that everyone else takes for granted are SO hard for us.

6-7 on a daily basis













Our pain is so complex and unpredictable that we can be having a great day, like maybe a 2 and within an hour we're at an 8. With no reasonable explanation. Sometimes there's no discernible trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment